Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Friday, 29 April 2016

Mid-April on Noko Island

Generally on the way to work, when I can take an early ferry.

First Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ  Not a very good image, but it was the first of the season, on the 14th. 



The next day the lady was there as well.



Next a surprise at a Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker, コゲラ nest




The chick flew and left the nest when a Long-tailed Tit stole the food that a parent was bringing to the nest. The parent left in search for more and the chick followed the Tit...



Eastern Crowned Warbler, センダイムシクイ Only identifiable by its song 





Black-faced Bunting, アオジ 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment