Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Garganey, シマアジ

The days have become much warmer and flowers, other than the cherry blossom have suddenly appeared. Or maybe it was not so sudden, but when I visited the fields around Imazu there seemed to have been explosions of yellow and purple.

My favorite: Chinese milk vetch, れんげ



They make such pretty pics of any ordinary bird, like these Spot-billed Ducks, カルガモ



More interesting birds were Eurasian Sparrowhawk, ハイタカ in the sky and a Little Ringed Plover, コチドリon the mud

 \

Another splash of color: the 7 spot ladybird, Coccinella septempunctata.



But the price of the early morning were the Garganeys, シマアジ 4 Males and 2 females in one pond and another female on the side












No comments:

Post a Comment