Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Saturday, 23 April 2016

Dolls festival in Yanagawa city

March 3rd is the official date for the girls festival, but in Yanagawa it lasts about a month.
We went there on a weekday end of February and found the place still quiet; shopkeepers all ready full of anticipation.  I focussed on the displays of hina dolls outside, the brightly colored silk costumes in a spring green background and natural light.













  



Handmade silk balls are one of the traditional decorations on dolls' festival. These are exhibited on the 2nd floor of the tourist center.



A gondolier waiting for customers



It was still cold. There stray cats found a warm spot inside a sweets shop





The end of the afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment