Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 12 May 2023

Waders in spring

 When the days get longer, the sun is warmer and the fields are bright green, speckled with yellow, white and purple flowers I feel the need to see plovers, sandpipers, stints and stilts. I try to go to Imazu as often as I can, but the sights there are not fulfilling. So, on May 1st I drove south Saga, to a place that I usually go to in spring.  After driving around, scanning many fields, I found just a few locations that held some birds: 


Red-necked Stints, トウネン in a field full of water. Nearly too much water.







Marsh Sandpipers, コアオアシシギ with their thin needle like bills and long elegant legs have less problems with all that water.







Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ were there as well, quarreling as I used to see them doing all the time.



At a shallow patch some Sharp-tailed Sandpipers, ウズラシギ ...










... and several Common Snipes, タシギ


Way out at the back, where the field had dried up were the Long-toed Stints, ヒバリシギ


In the surrounding reeds Penduline Tits, ツリスガラ were fluttering in and out of view.


A Kingfisher, カワセミ sat on one of the many poles


A bit further on a Pacific Golden Plover, ムナグロ in the fading evening light

No comments:

Post a Comment