Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 18 May 2023

Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ and some more

 On May 15th I got a message saying there were 10 Black-winged Stilts in Imazu. It was mid-afternoon when I got there and I counted 10 indeed. The light conditions were not very good. I could not get any detail in the eyes. Yet, it was a lovely refreshing scene. 

セイタカシギ





The dragonflies in the top were an accidental bonus



When I walked around I noticed these wings - 10, 20 or more.
Hiro-obi Tombo-edashaku, ヒロオビトンボエダシャク



The next day I returned in the morning. Light was better now. Just 3 birds were still there...







Eyes! 目!





Among the tall legs were a couple of Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ



And a Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ



There were maybe more, but I had to move on.




No comments:

Post a Comment