Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 14 May 2023

Around the fields in the west

  The first Sunday's WBSJ meeting on May 7th was cancelled due to bad weather. The next day some members walked the usual route to counts the birds. Against all expectations there was very little to report. The wind was strong, the tide high and the few waders that we saw were perched in a tree. Never seen that before!


There are some Grey-tailed Tattlers, キアシシギ and Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ. Others I cannot identify



Spoonbills, ヘラサギ and クロツラヘラサギ in the rain. Are these going to stay here during the summer?



A very wet Black Kite, トビ



Quickly in and quickly out, Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ





The air around the fields is heavy with the smell of onions. Does the Skylark, ヒバリ like that?



The only wader I saw on May 7th, a Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ in an old field.



No comments:

Post a Comment