Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 18 June 2022

White-backed Woodpecker, オオアカゲラ

A day in the woods at Oita prefecture. It had been raining the day before, but not enough so that the swamp became too wet to step into. The trees here are bare, so birds are easily spotted. They were constantly flying back and forth. Many families, chicks following their parents. Mostly Tits, but also Flycatchers and Woodpeckers. There are lots of bugs. Good for them, not for me. I covered myself up and checked them out


2 White-backed Woodpecker, オオアカゲラ


The bird on the leftt looks like an adult male. The one on the right has a reddish colored crown, not black, so must be a juvenile male.





Daddy keeping an eye on the boy.



The youngster prying out bugs from underneath the bark





The other, dad? going his way





No comments:

Post a Comment