Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 19 June 2022

More birds from Oita

When I got my fill of the Japanese Tits, I started paying attention to the other feathers. First there were the Nuthatches, ゴジュウガラ more or less in the same tree. They like to do things upside down.



Jump!





A Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ was singing non-stop right above me.





In the more bushy parts several Narcissus Flycatchers, キビタキ were heard as well.







Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ




In the dark valley allong the river: Eurasian Wren, ミソサザイ











Very loud and restless, constantly around, battling with each other, Common Cuckooカッコウ


Oriental, Lesser,  tsutsu, Hototogisu and seguro kakoh and juuichi were heard as well, but only the hoto came in sight occasionally. 


Coal Tit, コガラ taking a bath







Mr. and Mrs Bull-headed Shrike, モズ raising kids, getting upset with all the hikers passing by.







Another pair



Eurasian Jay, カケス







Everywhere I go I see pheasants this spring. But these 2 were discovered by Jaap while driving.
Japanese Green Pheasant, キジ




I don't know what made me more happy, seeing these birds or Jaap's attempt to help me.

from before: Meadow Buntingm ホオジロ nesting near the parking lot


It was just a weekend. Actually a long weekend of 3 days, but 1 day the weather was so bad, I couldn't go out. The other 2 days I walked 7km - 10km per day. It's amazing how many things there are to see and going through my photos of  2 days is taking just as long. 

small note: the Coal Tits are from the previous visit in May

No comments:

Post a Comment