Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 24 June 2022

3 shrines and 3 Boobooks, アオバズク3羽

At the first shrine I could not find the Aobazuku, Northern Boobook or Brown Hawk Owl during my initial visit.  It was raining solidly and I had to give up. The 2nd time was right. It was there at the usual place. Had it moved to take shelter on that rainy day?

At the R. Shrine










The Camphor tree, クスノキ  is huge, it takes a while to locate a small owl



At the Shi shrine, I saw another male watching the nest where his wife sits to keep their eggs warm. 




The caterpillars of Silk Moths love the trees here. This time of the year many are crawling around, looking for a place to wrap themselves up and spin their cocoon. クスサン 毛虫



















The resident Geckos, ニホンヤモリ are standing guard


At the Sa Shrine



Last year I looked for orchids and found the Boobook. This year I looked for the bird, and found the flowers. 😀

Sekkoku Lan, セッコクラン




No comments:

Post a Comment