Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 21 June 2022

Barn Swallow, ツバメ

I had heard about this place where swallows build their nest inside a tackle shop and when I happened to meet Mr. and Mrs. M, I had the chance to go and see this place with them. It was amazing. Despite the fact that the season was ending, there were still many birds and several nests containing fledglings. The umbrellas that we hung on the ceiling had collected so much bird poo, the shop could start a fertilizer business on the side. The loud chirping parents, helpers and juveniles continued to fly in and out through the door and the window (did the shop keep that open at night?) It was a cheerful spectacle.














At another place I found this nest with 6 chicks. The most I have ever seen.


Is that a part of butterfly sticking out?





No comments:

Post a Comment