Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 9 September 2013

Migrating waders 9

It’s weekend again. I can take the time to go to the fields with my friend Junko. This time a Curlew surprised us by landing right behind us on the road before stepping down between rice paddies. It let us come close enough to take some nice photos. A magnificent bird.

Far Eastern Curlew,  ホウロクシ







Another surprise on the same side of the road was this little Stint. 
Temminck’s Stint,  オジロトウネン







We actually came to see a Phalarope (just one) but it stayed at a great distance.
Red-necked Phalarope,  アカエリヒレアシシギ




with Black-winged Stilt. Yes, we are still here!
Black-winged Stilt,  セイタカシギ



Since I saw the Latham’s Snipes I try hard to learn the different species. 
Common Snipe,  タシギ




Later in the afternoon when the light faded more birds flew in and we could just distinguish this Ruff.
Ruff,  エリマキシギ




No comments:

Post a Comment