Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Migrating waders 6

It’s still Sunday and it’s still raining. On the way home I run into others again, this time the Pacific Golden Plovers, a baby Terek Sandpiper, Dunlins and more Stilts. But first the stints, the ordinary Red-necks. They didn’t want to be overseen.

Red-necked Stint,  トウネン




Dunlin,  ハマシギ



Terek Sandpiper,  ソリハシシギ



Pacific Golden Ploverムナグロ, 3 of the 4



At this place were tall rice plants which had snail eggs attached to them. The reddish- pink color matching that of the legs of the birds - Yes, Black-wiinged Stilts again. 

Black-winged Stilt,  セイタカシギ




They chased each other around the block





Don’t think we’ve seen the last of them yet. I just got a text message….

No comments:

Post a Comment