Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 27 June 2023

Mt. Kuju, Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ etc

Last part of our 2 days at Mt. Kuju. The weather was what could be expected during the raining season: Alternating rain and sunshine, the showers not too heavy, but clouds hanging in the valleys all day long. The woods were dark. Birds could be heard more than seen, but a few came down. While Jaap hiked to the top to see the last of Miyama Kirishima, I wandered the trails of a lower altitude, catching up with him on his way down. I wanted to see the flowers, but I have only 2 legs...


Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ looking for insects on the ground in order to feed the kids


Got "something"


Juvenile, following mum and dad, waiting to be fed



Japanese Grosbeak, イカル on a similar mission up high


1 of 2 Chinese Hwamei, ガビチョ scurrying on the trail. A bit too far for a good shot



It's Snowbell time. Flowering trees are widespread around the Chojabaru area.
Japanese Snowbell, エゴノキ 







A pretty background for the Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker family, コゲラ





Fallen down from the yummy green leaves up high, a caterpillar of Great Purple Emperor, オオムラサキ??    I nearly stepped on it 💦





Continue your search for food and stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment