Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 25 June 2023

Mt. Kuju, Chestnut-eared Bunting、ホオアカ

 When we go to this field at the foot of the mountain, we will definitely see the buntings. They have a well-defined pattern and look rather pretty. Especially when perched on flowers. But mid-June there aren't any flowers tall enough yet. Hence, they choose wooden poles, signs and boardwalk edges, from where they can watch the field, look for insects and guard their nest.


Chestnut-eared Bunting、ホオアカ





I'm so used to seeing them around grass and weeds, this bird in a tree looks odd.



Nesting








Calling all morning from the top of a tall tree overlooking the fields, Common Cuckoo, カッコウ





Shiraitosou, シライトソウ  (Chionographis japonica)



High brown Fritillary, ウラギンヒョウモン 







I thought the first 2 images were a female, the last a male. However, I cannot be 100% sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment