Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 23 June 2023

Mt. Kuju, Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ

I had missed out on the Narcissus Flycatcher in April, when they visited the parks in Fukuoka city. Thus, I decided to track them down in the mountains. It was hard at first, when the birds hardly came down, but mid-June things changed. The rainy season had started, maybe more food was found down below.


Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ










A group of birds that appeared to be juveniles flew over my head at the end of the day. I didn't get a better look than this. It is kind of yellow... Is it a young Kibi?



Under the tall trees, where it's dark and humid, are some pretty flowers.
False Helleborine, バイケイソウ   and    Silver Dragons, ギンリョウソウ


These last ones have lost their petals, (if that's what you can call them) but I thought the bell-shaped heart containing the seed looked interesting


Lethe sicelis、ヒカゲチョウ



Diana Treebrown, クロヒカゲ, Lethe diana





Carpet moth Marumon Shiro Namishaku, マルモンシロナミシャク



To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment