Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 1 January 2023

Short-eared Owls, コミミズク part 1

 Happy New Year to all my dear followers. I wish you the best for 2023. May it be birding, hiking, photography of any kind: Keep your hobby alive. It helps you feel balanced in times of stress and bad health. Like me, it keeps me happy and sane. (mostly 😁)

Jaap and I visited the Kumamoto area and ran into this place where Short-eared owls fly during the day. The birds are young, so it seems, and not yet skilled enough to catch their prey in the hours of darkness. So, they hunt and hunt and continue during the day. And catch next to nothing. They must be hungry...


















2 of the 4 birds that were seen regularly





 

No comments:

Post a Comment