Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 7 January 2023

Isahay, after a long time. Male Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ and Baikal Teals, トモエガモ

One of the first birds you meet when entering the Isahaya area is the Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ. I told myself not to waist precious time on them, I can go and see them in MF. But... and so... I ended up with lots of photos. Again.

male ♂











The most impressive sight was the Baikal Teals, トモエガモ flying in dense flocks in the morning and early evening.



tens of thousands 





Baikal Teals, トモエガモ The closest I could get.



6 or 7 Swans were there. Tundra Swans, コハクチョウ I think, but the one on the right looks like it might be a Whooper Swan, オオハクチョウ



Flying again. Flock after flock. There must have been 50.000 birds or more



Video by Jaap




This photo of a Dunlin, ハマシギ and 2 Kentish Plovers, シロチドリ was actually taken en route at the coast of the Ariake Sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment