Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Emberiza 2: Black-faced Bunting, シベリアアオジ

Next a long-time-no-see bird. I'm not sure what to call this bunting in English. Is this the Black-faced Bunting and would that name replace the common "aoji" with the name Masked Bunting? I will just keep it this way for now. There were many around the fields as well as open areas near the forest.


Male Black-faced Bunting, シベリアアオジ, (Emberiza spodocephala)



The females seemed easier to capture


















White spotlights along a dark forest road: Small-leaf Spiderwort, トキワツユクサ



Last a big hopper that wanted to have its picture taken

No comments:

Post a Comment