Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 10 May 2022

Emberiza 1: Yellow-breasted Bunting, シマアオジ

My long-time dream came true.  For many years I wished to see more buntings. Some came to Fukuoka, but I rarely had a good view. This spring I searched the area again, without much luck. So, I decided to try my luck a bit further from home. PING PONG, here comes number 1: 


Yellow-breasted Bunting, シマアオジ (Emberiza aureola)








There were 2 males and 1 female, but hardly ever seen together. It pays to wait














No comments:

Post a Comment