Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 19 September 2024

Starlings everywhere! Chestnut-cheeked Starlings, コムクドリ

 September 18 I saw a lock of 15 birds in the morning. After work I went in search and found huge flocks around the river. Hundreds, maybe a thousand Starlings were flying back and forth between the river banks. The next day (today) I went again and saw even more birds, bigger flocks, more than 1 thousand, all along the river, flying from tree to tree, mile after mile. I was stunned!


Trees full of birds. I can hear more than I see



Males, females and many juveniles.









They fly and land and fly again, as the afternoon turns into evening



Watching them at the water edge





Flocks taking turns



We are all singing the same song



Eh? A stranger







It is surprisingly difficult to capture just 1 bird



As the sun sets, it's getting harder to take photos. 



Further down the river:



Joining the White-cheeked Starlings at their regular spot



No comments:

Post a Comment