Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 4 September 2024

After the typhoon

 The typhoon nr 10 arrived on August 29th and it was the 31st that I went to Imazu to see migrating shorebirds etc. It was the first time in a few weeks and I had no idea where the potential fields were. At first, I could not find much, but in Taromaru it got better.


There was a Redshank on the concrete bank across the river. Too far to see clearly, but I guess it's a Common Redshank, アカアシシギ among 4 juvenile Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ


2 Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ in one field





2 Yellow Wagtails, ツメナガセキレイ in another field. Also far away and by now the sun stood high and the light was too harsh...




Lots of Little Ringed Plovers, コチドリ were more or less everywhere. One looked different and had the birders confused for a while. Until Mr. C. found out what it was.
Long-billed Plover, イカルチドリ



Still at this old place, 4 Sharp-tailed Sandpipers, ウズラシギ




And a few Red-necked Stints. トウネン. All juveniles I think.



At the last field 4 more BW Stilts, セイタカシギ




There was so much water in the rice paddies. The Stilts had no legs 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment