Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 8 September 2024

Shore birds again

The fields that held a lot of water a few days ago are drying up so fast, some have no water anymore, just mud. Other fields seem to contain the water and the level hardly changes, they are too full. It's difficult, specially for small waders. There are just a fewplaces for them to go. 


I set out, looking for the Red-necked Stints, トウネン - my favorite - they should still be around





Found them and took too many pictures...













At the far end a larger bird stepped out from the thick bunches of rice plants
Ruff, エリマキシギ a small bird, so probably a young female



It stayed in view for a short time



There was a time that I hardly looked at Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ. Now I search for them.









Again at the far end, one Terek Sandpiper, ソリハシシギ appeared briefly



Same as a Snipe, most likely a Common Snipe, タシギ



One more, accross the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment