Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 1 May 2016

Uzura special; Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ

I like the Japanese name Uzura shigi for Sharp-tailed Sandpiper. And this post is all about one.
These birds fly thousands of miles. All the way from New Zealand / Australia to the Arctic Tundras.
We see them often in north Kyushu in spring, when they stop by for a feed and a rest.










  





 















Great bird!
In the distance, some of her or his mates











No comments:

Post a Comment