Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 2 May 2016

The 1st day of May, Meeting of Japanese Wild Bird Society in Imazu, 今津探鳥会 1

The order of sightings is all mixed up. But I will start with the mudflats. There were numerous waders, many too small and too far away for good photography.

4 Black-tailed Godwit, オグロシギ





A highlight for many: Ruddy Turnstone, キョウジョシギ  Not an uncommon bird in Japan, we just don't get them here very often. This was the 1st sighting in 10 years! 
Below between the Herring Gull, セグロカモメand the Whimbrel, チュウシャクシギ



with Whimbrel, チュウシャクシギ



with Common Greenshank, アオアシシギ



with Common Greenshank, アオアシシギ again



Turning stones ... as it should


It sure likes to hang around with other birds




I really wanted to capture a Far Eastern Curlew, ホウロクシギ, but at home on the PC they all were our Eurasian birds. I'm sure they were there at the mudflats though...



Still lots of Whimbrels, チュウシャクシギ


At one stage somebody picked up this baby turtle. Not our common Japanese, but a 
Chinese Pond Turtle, クサガメ Which means stinky turtle. I tried, it didn't smell bad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment