Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Thursday, 12 May 2016

Fukutomi others

Several waders sported plumage, while others were still in their winter outfit. It was a colorful crowd.

In the lotus fields: Red-necked Stint, トウネン 





next:


Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ










Big feet!



Red-necked Stint, トウネンin front of a Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ
next:


Looking like mini Uzuras: Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ
  







No toes to show... :-(


Between the many stints and sandpipers one looked quite different:
Curlew Sandpiper, サルハマシギ







The Japanese name is monkey sandpiper, because of its face. Can you tell?



I should not overlook the most common sandpipers of the season:
Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ









At a nearby water-locked field 2 Black-tailed Godwits, オグロシギ
I seem to be very lucky with them this year.





One surprising fact that I discovered in a photo after last weeks blog post about the same birds in Imazu:


Is that bill flexible????



No comments:

Post a Comment