Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 9 May 2016

Red (Grey) Phalarope, ハイイロヒレアシシギ

Leaving Daijugarami with what it was I headed for Fukutomi, 30km west. There was talk of a rare Phalarope. The area is huge and I had little hope finding it, but my luck had turned and I kind of bumped into it right away. Stopping the car to look briefly at my favorite Uzuras I saw something different in the back:



Sure, there it was: Red (also named Grey) Phalarope, ハイイロヒレアシシギ


I hung around, entertained myself watching lots of Uzuras and stints (see later). But it didn't move.


Opening one eye! Waking up?


Not really, but then: Oops, a bill. That lasted 10 sec.



I left, drove around and returned later in the afternoon. It had moved! And it was awake!



Here with my Uzuras, Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ



Still, this Phalarope was very inactive. No eating, no preening. Tired from a long flight I guess. Maybe jet-lagged.












So a whole lot of photos of a bird doing a whole lot of nothing... Saai he. つまらない

No comments:

Post a Comment