Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 29 May 2016

Red-rumped Swallow, コシアカツバメ

After a quiet morning in the woods I was about to get in the car when this bird came to stop on the wire right in front of me.










After a few minutes he or she nose-dived down to a muddy corner of an unused construction site
  



The bill full of mud - that means a nest is in the making somewhere...






The bird came back to sit in front of me several times. It was calling loud for a while and yes... another one showed up.







It is hard to tell, but the bird on the left seemed to have a slightly shorter tail. Would that be the female then, and the bird on the right her mate?




I waited on the mountain road to see them collecting mud from the car. Not too long, they seemed reluctant to return to the nest. 

Good luck you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment