Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 29 May 2016

Red-rumped Swallow, コシアカツバメ

After a quiet morning in the woods I was about to get in the car when this bird came to stop on the wire right in front of me.










After a few minutes he or she nose-dived down to a muddy corner of an unused construction site
  



The bill full of mud - that means a nest is in the making somewhere...






The bird came back to sit in front of me several times. It was calling loud for a while and yes... another one showed up.







It is hard to tell, but the bird on the left seemed to have a slightly shorter tail. Would that be the female then, and the bird on the right her mate?




I waited on the mountain road to see them collecting mud from the car. Not too long, they seemed reluctant to return to the nest. 

Good luck you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment