Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 23 March 2023

What's happening in Imazu

On March 18th I finally had a chance to go to Imazu. What was new? There were many Little Ringed Plovers, コチドリ in the wet fields. I watched them for a while hoping to see some acts of display, but I guess it's still too early for that.











The regular buntings were present
Black-faced / Masked Bunting, アオジ



Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ



Common Reed Buntings, オオジュリン











Lady Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ sat on top of a pole while another kestrel flew by



At the mudflats a big number of ducks had left. Already. As every year I felt with a pang that I had not seen them enough yet... One Curlew was out there in the middle, Far-Eastern? ホウロクシギ



And the first Barn Swallows, ツバメ were giving a flight show 




No comments:

Post a Comment