Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 4 March 2023

One sunny afternoon in the park

 I went to check out the waxwings, hoping to see a yellow tail on February 25th. There were just 8 birds visiting the mistletoe and all were red...

Japanese Waxwings, ヒレンジャク









They didn't hang around long. In fact, I didn't even see them eating anything



On the little island were 2 Mandarin Ducks, オシドリ, a male and a female, fast asleep
They woke up briefly every now and then, but didn't move for many hours (I was told)





The Tufted Ducks, キンクロハジロ practiced synchronize swimming in small groups. They are so cute!





A sighting from a few days before, a Japanese Grosbeak, イカル in front of a Camelia tree. 



Brown-eared Bulbul, ヒヨドリ taking a sip of nectar, duly spreading the pollen.



No comments:

Post a Comment