Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 25 March 2023

Sea birds

 On several occasions I set out to find seabirds, preferably Pacific Loons or Divers. It was pretty hard. I mostly had to make do with Cormorants...




Japanese Cormorant aka Temminck's Cormorant, ウミウ 



Japanese Cormorant, ウミウ and Pelagic Cormorant, ヒメウ (on the right)





Pelagic Cormorant, ヒメウ






A pair of Red-breasted Merganser, ウミアイサ quickly got out of my view



As I searched the horizon I noticed some movements, but could not identify anything other than "white dots"



Earlier this month on similar trips it wasn't much better, though I think these 2 birds could be Loons, オオハム



Loons? オオハム



Greater Crested Grebes, カンムリカイツブリ and Red-breasted Merganser, ウミアイサ by the looks of it. Certainly no Loons



Some creature that stayed with me for a while, Japanese Weasel, ニホンイタチ



Fishermen at work


For the record: Great Cormorants, カワウ closer to shore

No comments:

Post a Comment