Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Finally! They have arrived: Stejneger's Stonechat, ノビタキ

Having the whole day off is a real treat. The rain in the morning was a little disappointing, but it didn't last long and I got a few house jobs done. I drove to Imazu and had a good long look. There were very few birds in the paddy fields. 2 R-n Stints in a far corner and 6 B-w Stilts between the rice plants at an unusual place. Not the birds I'd hoped to see.  But....:


Stejneger's Stonechat, ノビタキ





I watched the rice harvesting for a while. and noticed this White Wagtail, ハクセキレイ among the many common ones. Is it M. a. baicalensis, (ニシ)シベリアハクセキレイ?
M. a. baicalensis or dukhunensis?


Another possibilitiy is a hybrid lugens/baicalensis that apparantly exists in Northern Kyushu





Black Kites, トビ were showing off their acrobatic flying skills around the harvest machine. The young ones are so pretty!



Some of the Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ that were mostly hidden between rice plants. I saw 6 birds, but there could have been more.





Common Snipes, タシギ seemed to be everywhere



Curlews at high tide



Once the tide started running out some small waders appeared at the mudflat

From left to right: Terek's Sandpipersソリハシシギ, 2 Common Greenshanks, アオアシシギ and 1 Common Redshank, アカアシシギ



Common Redshank, アカアシシギ





2Terek's Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ



Far-eastern Curlew, ホオロクシギ



Eurasian Curlew, ダイシャクシギ



No comments:

Post a Comment