Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 13 September 2022

White-bellied Green Pigeon, アオバト

I went to see the green pigeons drinking sea water at the Ariake see. It was a bright sunny day at the end of August, but not too hot. When I found the place where the birds usually stopped at the rocks along the shore, there was a person fishing with a rod and reel. He was very successful, catching all sorts of fish. The birds, a flock of 40+ flew by several times, but did not stop... Just once, very reluctantly a few landed at some rocks nearby.


















At high tide some Grey-tailed Tattlers, キアシシギ stopped by.


It was not perfect, but still not bad for a first time visit to a place I had never been before. I just followed up some remarks I had overheard a few months before without any real info. I want to go here again - and not in the weekend 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment