Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 5 September 2022

Summer trip 2022; Hakusan, Daisen, Yoshiwa

The day we hiked on Mt Hakusan I didn't carry my regular camera. While Jaap went for the summit, I did the Akausagiyama trail. Much shorter and less straining. It rained most of the time and the spectacular views of snow-capped mountains were very absent, but I did what I wanted and that made me feel good.


Just a collection from my Galaxy phone:



Upon leaving the Hakusan area we headed back towards the north coast and stopped at Ine for 1 night, then continued west via Hyogo pref. and Tottori to Mt. Daisen. 

Below some bit of coastline on the way


A very different view in Tottori: Dunes! Long time no see. 



Next was Mt Daisen, the main subject of last year's mountain failures. We'd vouched to go back and do it again. But this didn't happen. It rained - again - and time was running out. 


view from Mt Daisen towards the south


During a short walk: Matsumushisou, マツムシソウ



I was hoping to see the Hikagecho again, but alas... Below the Kurohikage Diana Treebrown, クロヒカゲ in a lighter color version



Yellow Crest Moth, キモンガ



big Maimai snail, マイマイ. What kind I don't know. Have to ask N-san



Hasami Tsunokamemushi, ハサミツノカメムシ meaning the Horned Stink bug with Scissors



Our last overnight stop was at Yoshiwa in Hiroshima, which is becoming kind of a tradition. There is a bath house at a campsite and the area is cool in summer. In front of the bath house were some pot plants with real Sagisou Orchids! They were not even taken inside after closing time. Wow! This is Japan.







On our final early morning stroll before heading back to Kyushu:
This cute newborn froggie trying out a toadstool





I was most happy meeting this butterfly, a Common Awlking, アオバセセリ



Not so common here in Japan I think





Other creatures included these beetles feeding on a dead snake
Carrion beetle Yotsuboshimon Shidemushi, ヨツボシモンシデムシ





 Kuro Shidemushi, クロシデムシ



...and the toilet moths
Maybe the Geometer moth Kishita Edashaku, キシタエダシャク



Moma alpium, the scarce merveille du jour, is a moth of the family Noctuidae
ゴマケンモン



And it kept on raining



No comments:

Post a Comment