Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Oriental Honey Buzzard, ハチクマ

With that super typhoon coming up I knew I was going to be busy and that I might not have a chance to see the Honey Buzzards. Unless I went right away, Saturday morning the 17th. The weather was unstable. Heavy cloud cover on my side, but chunks of clear sky over sea to the north. There was no wind and it rained on and off. The forecast was for more rain, but I left and drove up the mountain at Itoshima. To my surprise there was nobody. I had worried about parking space for nothing. The air was cool. NICE! for a change. I settled with my morning coffee and... Wow! Lots of birds suddenly. All towards the east, where the sun was supposed to be. The birds were all dark blots and despite over exposure settings I could only see their shapes. I left after an hour and took the photos to the computer. Now I can see what I saw.


 female Oriental Honey Buzzard,  ハチクマ ♀



male  ♂





Such a beautiful bird!



Another male  ♂



Ah! Blue sky! Female  ♀ ?



Grey-faced Buzzard, サシバ



Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ chasing Grey-faced Buzzard, サシバ









Female Oriental Honey Buzzard, ハチクマ ♀ chased by a crow 





No comments:

Post a Comment