Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 8 September 2022

After the typhoon: Whiskered Terns, クロハラアジサシ and White-winged Terns, ハジロクロハラアジサシ

It had been blowing and storming all night, as Typhoon Hinnamnor raced past. The following day, after we washed, dried and tidied up, the sun broke through and I drove to the west. In Imazu I found 11 Terns flying in small groups around the 2 lakes. It was still windy and it was hard for the birds to catch fish. Photographers had a hard time as well. 😉I left them for what it was and moved on to check the fields. When I returned there at the end of the day the light was less harsh, the birds were tired and the photographers were gone. Now it was my turn!


















 7 birds of the 11 resting on the fence. Who is who?





Picture below: On the left 2 White-winged Terns, ハジロクロハラアジサシ next to a bigger sized Whiskered Tern, クロハラアジサシ. Nr 4 I don't know.



1 pretty young bird, Whiskered Tern, クロハラアジサシ?  White-winged tern, ハジロクロハラアジサシ?






No comments:

Post a Comment