Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 2 November 2021

The Lapwings have arrived! タゲリ

Few birds are as easy to recognize in flight as the Northern Lapwings, タゲリ. I saw them flying overhead at the 2 lakes on the 1st of November, went to the river at low tide and sure, there were 5 birds!








Some more winter guests: Dunlins, ハマシギ. Ms N counted 45 birds





And Black-faced Spoonbills, クロツラヘラサギ 14 birds



Other sightings included this magnificent Osprey, ミサゴ tightly holding on to an Amberjack, ネリゴ



There was this bird that I mistook for a buzzard. I guess I have been watching the pretty youngsters for too long, so I didn't recognize the old gal (or guy?)
Black Kite, トビ



Suddenly there, soon gone. Sparrowhawk, ハイタカ



And at the other lake a female Ferruginous duck, メジロガモ.  At the far end. 
I wonder if I will be able to find it again...



The weather is still warm enough for butterflies like this Asian Comma, キタテハ


No comments:

Post a Comment