Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 6 November 2021

Greater Painted-Snipe, タマシギ

Following a notice about 3 or 4 of these birds I went to check it out on November 5th and found 1 bird in company with many Common Snipes, タシギ.  After watching it for a few minutes a raptor, probably a Falcon flew by. All birds scattered or took off. I didn't see any Painted-Snipes anymore.  What happened to the other birds?

Facing east the morning light was at its worst, but I took some photos anyway.












On to the lake with the Ferruginous Duck, メジロガモ which was at the far end again, but on this sunny day a bit clearer



With a female Pochard, ホシハジロ



Note the bill's shape and white vent. Color of eyes is not visible, but should be brown


A brief visit the following day didn't produce any Painted-Snipes. A single tern flew past the creek once, アジサシ



At the edge of the reeds sat 1 Black-crowned Night Heron, ゴイサギ



Among the usual rubbish


No comments:

Post a Comment