Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Baikal Teal, トモエガモ and Hooded Crane, ナベヅル

In the afternoon of the 7th I returned to the Imazu area and Taromaro. I stopped to see the Baikal Teal. It was the only one as far as I could tell, among Spot-billed and some other small ducks.


Baikal Teal, トモエガモ.







At the end of the afternoon, when I was driving home this single Hooded Crane, ナベヅル stood all by itself in the middle of a field. It looked extremely ruffled and the left wing was hanging limp at the side.







How did it get injured? Did it happen recently, while migrating?  Was it an electrical wire? A wind generator? Something else man-made?



Where are its mates?


When a dog-walker came too close it flew, surprisingly well I must say, but not very far. I wonder if it will be able to continue its journey south...

2 comments: