Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 10 October 2021

Imazu update, Oct 10th part 2

 On Sunday I managed an early start again and was rewarded with clear views of 2 Eurasian Wrynecks, アリスイ






The number of ducks is increasing. Eurasian Wigeon, ヒドリガモ and Eurasian Teal, コガモ



In the reeds are many warblers. They are Black-browed Reed Warblers, コヨシキリ









On to the river, where the tide was coming in fast. I was just in time to see 6 Mandarin Ducks, オシドリ 3 males and 3 females



At a small strip of exposed mud a group of Great Cormorants, カワアウ were showing off. 



They paraded slowly to the last bit of dry land on the right, blocking my best view of the ducks.



Come on guys, move on! 😀





2 Ladies taking a bit of time for themselves



It's high tide now, time to move


And off they were.



So many Egrets. Are they gathering for the rice harvest festival?



On the other side of the river were the Stejneger's Stonechats. ノビタキ
I saw only 2 now.



The last bird of the morning: female Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ


What is she eating? A hopper?





また来てね! Please come again.
The kids at schools used to say that, and they are the first words I learned in Japanese.


Flower of the season


No comments:

Post a Comment