Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Imazu in the 3rd week of October

Early mornings in the Imazu area, where I tried to combine walking exercises with bird watching. One of which was sure to fail 😀. Many hawks were flying in the 3rd week of October.


Sparrowhawk, ハイタカ chasing sparrows



October 22nd:  At the only waterlogged field in the area that's left was one lonesome Temminck's Stint, オジロトウネン





The Daurian Redstarts, ジョウビタキ in Imazu are a real joy.









October 23. The strong wind of the previous days brought many ducks. 

Common Pochards, ホシハジロウ



Tufted Ducks, キンクロハジロウ





Common Starling, ホシムクドリ





Red-rumped  Swallow, コシアカツバメ





A Japanese Lined Snake, シマヘビ with its catch for the winter. 



After withdrawing in the reeds he turned around once more, as if to show me his prey




I saw the 1st Pale Thrush, シロハラ on the 27th, but not in Imazu. They should be coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment