Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 10 October 2021

Imazu update, Oct 10th, part 1

This weekend I intended to go look for raptors, and on Saturday I went op the hill overlooking the Imazu estuary. I had not been there for a while and I was surprised how tall the trees had become! Maybe this is not such a good location anymore. There were no other people, but a social Badger kept me company for a while. I didn't see any hawks and very few other birds

Japanese Badger, アナグマ






Down to the fields, where the rice was being harvested. Egrets and  Kites were having a party with all the locusts and frogs up for grabs
Black Kites, トビ









Juvenile acting cute



The young and misbehaving Magpies were present as well.
Oriental Magpie, カササギ


It's so nice to have them in that blue autumn sky!



The noisiest birds are the Shrikes at the moment. There are at least 12 birds and they are so busy creating their territories, they forget all about me.
Young female Bull-headed Shrike, モズ


It felt like summer, temperatures were above 30C during the day. But this might be the last week

No comments:

Post a Comment