Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 24 September 2021

Meanwhile around Imazu

It's raptor season. Social media is full with images of Oriental Honey Buzzards, many great photos showing lots of detail. I don't have much to show, just an outline. I envy you all!

Oriental Honey Buzzard, ハチクマ



I went to check on some locations, but found very little wild life. Some fields had dried up completely. Then I saw this Pacific Golden Plover, ムナグロ at a different place. 



Looking well I also detected 3 or 4 Red-necked Stints, トウネン and a Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ. There was no water nearby!







When I moved on 3 Common Sandpipers, イソシギ flew up.



Between the rice paddies several brown blobs lift their heads. They appear to be all Common Snipes, タシギ - Except for one. A Godwit. Which one? I guess Black-tailed, オグロシギ





About 8 Black-winged Stilts セイタカシギ are constantly around. Scattered over the few watered fields are 2 or 3 birds, sometimes 5 or 6 together





Sometimes with a few others, as Common Greenshanks, アオアシシギ



Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ and Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ around dusk



The sun is going down. In Imazu the sound of Eurasian Tree Sparrows, スズメ is overwhelming.
Thousands of birds gathered at one place!



I'm looking forward to northerly winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment