Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 26 September 2021

Chinese Egret, カシラサギ and some more

September 25th. It's a bit of a bleak scene on this cloudy afternoon. All is grey or white except for a little yellow. The bird was not seen when I arrived. Some people who were looking for it turned to leave. I was thinking, where do these Egrets go to rest? Not in the fields, not in the river. Where can I find it? After a while it appeared. It had been standing on a ridge in the concrete wall along the river. Aha. The crown feathers are not as long and pretty as in spring. This punky hairdo suits him - or her












14 Whiskered Terns, クロハラアジサシ were flying around a little lake. I saw them just for a few minutes, they soon moved on.



Again lots of grey. The light was from the wrong direction. I started looking for a better position, but didn't get a chance.







A pretty Shrike, showing some color - at last. It looked like something exotic. But I guess it is just a female Bull-headed Shrike, モズ





Common Snipe, タシギ 1 of many


No comments:

Post a Comment