Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 10 September 2021

Imazu WBSJ meeting September 5th

 A small group walked the beaten path. A bit subdued, Corona is still very active. Birds don't care, they probably enjoy having the place to themselves. A few water-logged fields held some waders. The most prominent were Terek Sndpipers, ソリハシシギ and a Common Redshanl, アカシシギ












In one of the paddies a strange insect called Mizukamakiri, ミズカマキリ which means "water mantis". However it is not a mantis at all 😀



Towards the west: 15 Red-necked Stints, トウネン



3 Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ



There was talk about a Pintail Snipe,, but there were no birds at that point. Later I did find a snipe, so I got all hiped up, but it was just a Common Snope, タシギ



At a nearby field Swinhoe's Snipe, チュウジシギ



No comments:

Post a Comment