Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 29 August 2024

Higotai park

Over 20 years in Japan and I never visited this park. After numerous recommendations, I decided to give it a try. There were many people, but it was relatively quiet towards the back. In this hot summer, I didn't expect any other visitors. There was one thing: everybody was looking for the blue bees.


Higotai park, Ubuyama



Blue-banded Bee, ルリモンハナバチ  Thyreus decorus



They were frequently seen in the Two-edged Loose-trife (Miso-hagi), ミソハギ  Lythrum anceps





Other bugs in the Misohagi included the Burnt-spot Hummingbird Hawkmoth
ホシホウジャク



Old World Swallowtail, キアゲハ...



...and Satouragin Hyoumon Fritillary, サトウラギンヒョウモン






Another Fritillary, probably High Brown Fritillary, ウラギンヒョウモン





A very bright orange colored Kitabakoga, キタバコガ





Golden-ringed Dragonfly, オニヤンマ





Maximowicz's Lily, コオニユリ



There seem to be very few Higotai flowers in the fields of Mt Kuju and Aso this year. I was relieved to find plenty here. Higotai ヒゴタイ Echinops setifer.



Small Copper,  ベニシジミ



No comments:

Post a Comment