Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 3 August 2024

Great Purple Emperor, オオムラサキ in Kumamoto

Since I started to look at butterflies I intended to find the Japanese Emperor. I thought I had seen it once during a hike at Mt Kuju, about 5 years ago, but realized later it was a different species, the Kurokomurasaki. This time I got it right:


Great Purple Emperor, オオムラサキ  Sasakia charonda









Several gathered at a point high in a tree, together with wasps and beetles.



Some flowers of Kumamoto

Silene sp. Fushigurosenno, フシグロセンノウ  Silene miqueliana



Japanese Toad Lily, ヤマホトトギス  Tricyrtis macropoda



Hanashinobu, ハナシノブ (Phlox family)  Polemonium kiushianum



Kyushu Speedwell, ヒロバトラノオ Veronica kiusiana




No comments:

Post a Comment