Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Kumamoto 5, last insects and flowers

I picked up a half-drowned bug that was on its back doing the beetle shake in an outside sink, thinking this is probably a stinkbug and the bad smell will stay in my nose for the rest of the day. Guess my surprise when I turned it over and saw these beautiful colors!


Red-striped Stink bug, アカスジキンカメムシ  Poecilocoris Lewisii





It flew off way too soon



Another victim of that sink: Horned Dung beetle ツノコガネ  Liatongus phanaeoides





Not in the sink, but more or less underneath: Giant Scarab Beetle, オオセンチコガネ  Phelotrupes auratus


I will be checking outdoor toilet sinks for a while now 😁

Bird Vetch, クサフジ  Vicia cracca



Some kind of Lathyrus maybe aureus????



Lycoris, キツネノカミソリ  Lycoris sanguinea



Leopard Lily, ヒオウギ  Iris domestica



No comments:

Post a Comment