Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 25 August 2024

Birds of the mountains in August

Escaping the excrusiating heat in Fukuoka, we spent most days in the mountains in central Kyushu, wherever the temperature was reasonable during the day, coolish at night and the internet was available. With no classes at the schools we could do our work mostly on our pc. I walked many km, visited my regular checkpoints and discovered new points! I worked on my leg muscles, took healthy naps in the afternoons and slept well at night. Below a report of my encounters. All but the ones that I posted earlier this month. 


Brown Dipper, カワガラス at the regular river near Oike


Juvenile at dusk



Same place, just one of many Eurasian Wrens, ミソサザイ



The berries of one of the Mizuki trees must have been especially tasteful this year.
Japanese Thrush,クロツグミ female



Juvenile





Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ



I cannot stop taking photos of these birds in their up-side-down poses
Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ





The owner of the tree, keeping very busy chasing all intruders.
Young male Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ





Often heard, but seldom posing, White-bellied Green Pigeon, アオバト



No comments:

Post a Comment