Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Creatures in the dark

On an early evening stroll, I happened upon a cicada emerging from its husk. In a matter of minutes, it developed from a crumpled lump into a young cicada with beautiful transparent wings. The way the wings unfolded and took shape with the veins filling up reminded me of how a baby's lungs unfold and fill with air with the first cry.


Evening cicada, ヒグラシ











Another creature in the dusk. Croaking and chirping. Looking for a mate?
Japanese Wrinkled frog, ツチガエル









Last, the biggest spider I've ever seen during my nighttime toilet visit... 😨
Huntsman spider, アシダカグモ





No comments:

Post a Comment