Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Friday, 3 March 2017

Winter birds January, February part 3

The days are longer, plum is in full bloom. Migrating birds are gathering.



A huge group of Cormorants just finished feeding in the west of Hakata Bay 
Great Cormorant, カワウ



Below my trusty neighbor, the female Blue Rock Thrush, イソヒヨドリ
Not really a winter bird. She will stay here in summer. I hope she will find a mate.





Winter visitors Red-breasted Merganser, ウミアイサ male


and female



Residents Mr. and Mrs Bull-headed Shrike, モズ



No winter post without these lovely ducks with their kind expressions 
Eurasian Wigeon, ヒドリガモ



And after these residents and visitors a couple of illegal immigrants
Red-billed Leiothrix, ソウシチョウ





No comments:

Post a Comment